Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies

This week I'm making frozen portioned peanut butter cookie dough. We use these a lot when we want a quick snack. Just put the frozen cookie onto the tray and pop it into the toaster oven set at 375 degrees. I usually bake about 8 minutes and then press down the centers. I bake them another 4 minutes to crisp up the edges.

This is good if you are watching your calories because they taste wonderful and they're easy to make but you can't get very many into the toaster oven.

I'll also sell them baked, but frozen is safer if you're watching calories.

Ingredients:
Organic unbleached flour, butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, peanut butter.

Cracked Wheat Bread

This is actually a picture of our multigrain bread because Dave hasn't made me a loaf of cracked wheat to photograph yet. I'll change the photo as soon as I get one.

The difference between the cracked wheat and the multigrain is that it will be a bit wheatier and will have just cracked wheat rather than the variety of grains Dave uses in his multigrain.

Here is our tentative ingredient list. (It has been a busy week trying to get back to work... last night was our first baby bath, which took 4 people plus baby.)

Ingredients: Organic whole wheat flour, natural yeast (barm), organic unbleached bread flour, cracked wheat kernels, ground flax seed, agave syrup, canola oil, yeast, salt.

Rosemary Focaccia


Our weekly standard. Great for sandwiches or toasted garlic bread.

Ingredients: Organic flour, yeast, water, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.

Prices on This Week's Items
  • Unbaked Frozen Peanut Butter Cookies (12) - $8.00
  • Cracked Wheat Bread (1 lb) - $5.00
  • Rosemary Focaccia - $6.00
Orders and Workplace Delivery

Email me your order (Nancy@StarlightBakery.com). Our deadline is Sunday noon so that we can shop for ingredients. I will send you a confirmation email when I receive your order. If you don't receive one, email me or call me (252-0418) to confirm that I received the order.

We bake on Mondays. During the day I work on cookies, muffin mix, scones and cinnamon rolls to keep in the freezer so you can order those anytime. We bake our breads on Monday night.

We can arrange delivery to a place of work or a neighborhood (if you order with a group of friends so several customers can pick up from one place). When you email your order we can plan pickup or delivery.

Thank You!


Nancy and Dave Oster, Starlight Bakers

No comments: